Thursday, May 17, 2012

My fave gone at Kenny Rogers Roasters...but bad service remains at SM North Edsa branch

One day this week, I hungrily went for lunch at the Kenny Rogers Roasters (KRR) branch at a mall, the SM North Edsa, Quezon City, Philippines. I was so sad when I learned from the cashier that KRR had already phased out my favorite Philly Cheese Steak sandwich. Moving on, I just ordered that baby back ribs meal with two side dishes: macaroni salad, and corn-carrot. 

So the waiter delivered to my table my meal, placed my receipt on my table and asked if there was anything else. I said none, as I eyed my food but without looking at my receipt. A bit halfway into my lunch, I felt that something was missing. I looked at my receipt and found out that my corn-carrot side dish wasn't delivered by the waiter. I called out another guy cleaning a table near me. After I had shown him my receipt, he gave me my missing side dish. I told him (he was in a shirt different from the "regular" waiters so I suppose he was an officer of the branch) that the waiters should be careful in delivering the customers' orders because I believed that it was the second time that it has happened to me in the same branch--that is, my food order delivered to my table wasn't complete, as listed in the receipt. He apologized.

I wonder how much training these KRR waiters get in customer service. It's just plain common sense that they should check their customers' receipts when giving them their ordered food because some (like I did) might just forget what they paid for. It's a bit annoying that things like this happen and disrupt someone's meal. And in a restaurant that supposedly has a worldwide chain, too. Maybe I'm a bit more annoyed than usual because I've been getting quite a few instances of bad customer service in various establishments in recent occasions--from coughing food servers and cashiers in food stalls to inattentive sales persons in department stores. Management, it seems, have been of late not paying attention to training their staff on proper customer service.

No comments: