Monday, August 22, 2011

Where's Fr. Ramon Eloriaga at the Landmark Department Store Mass?

I've been missing Fr. Ramon Eloriaga who, until a little over a month ago, used to be the regular priest presiding at the Sunday Mass in Landmark Department Store in Trinoma Mall, Quezon City, Philippines. Fr. Ramon has been celebrating this Mass in Landmark ever since it started at the Mall since like over a year ago. He has been rarely absent, and if he were to be absent for quite a while, he would advise the Mass goers. And many of these Mass goers were a regular presence in Fr. Ramon's Masses. And that includes me because I learn a lot about being a Catholic from his homilies. Thus before I do my weekly groceries in Landmark, I go first to its Mass on the upper floor of the grocery section. (Although I still go sometimes to the Mass in my local parish church because Fr. Ramon reminds the mall Mass goers to not forget to still go to the Masses in their parish.)

It so happens that Fr. Ramon's homilies give deep learning from and understanding of the Bible combined with lessons from contemporary happenings. And he delivers his homilies in a manner that is not boring or has no sense of direction. His homilies are always endearing with a lesson or lessons to impart. He also manages to deliver a punch line or two in his homilies.

I hope Fr. Ramon soon returns to the Masses in Landmark. Otherwise, I might have to seek out his Masses at his parish homebase, the St. Rita de Cascia Parish in Philam Homes Subdivision in Quezon City (which is quite a distance from my own parish). With due respect to the two priests who have taken on alternate basis Fr. Ramon's place at the Landmark Mass, I really miss his homilies and the learning I get from them. I hope he returns soon. :)




3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Yes Ms. Toink Girl, I agree so much with your insigts about Father Ramon Elioga. He is an inspiration for everyone, especially those who used to listen with his inspiring homilies.

Father Ramon is currently the Parish Priest of Saint Joseph. And just like how you admire his wisdom..I also look up at him for he really inspires a lot of people. May he be blessed with good health.

Anonymous said...

Yes I agree with you..Father Ramon inspires a lot of people everytime he delivers homily..He has much of wisdom..he tends to combine humor and intelligence..We are so lucky to have him as our Parish Priest at Saint Joseph..Father hope for your longer stay in our Parish..god bless

Unknown said...

Father Ramon Eloriaga now is the Parish Priest of Our Lady of Perpetual help Parish at Project 8, Jersey Road at Congressional, He is really an admirable priest, his biblical interpretation applies in a very practical situation that the people can really understand.